Want to give you a little tease. This will be a mini acrylic album I will be teaching in June! I could'nt wait to do it and it turned out more amazing then I could have imagined. I can't share all the pics right now. Just a little tease...
Monday, April 21, 2008
My older girls, Kayla and Hannah were in the school talent show this last friday night! They did awesome. Kayla sand "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical, with some friends and Hannah Sang a Hannah Montana song with her friend. Check out the guitar Hannah is using! I made that using the new Indie Art and Home Decor cardridges from Cricut. Love it...
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
It's all in a day's work! Emma, Sarah and I went out on a bike ride this morning in hopes to start some sort of exercise routine. Well, have you ever tried to pull about 65 pounds in a bike trailer when you are out of shape and the street does not look like a hill but sure feels like one?LOL! It's ok I did make it home and the girls and even stopped to hug a tree in someone's front yard and I managed to get a couple of cute pics. I do feel good and I will try again tomorrow. Then in the early evening, Kayla had her first swim practice with Mesa Aquatics. Yeah, she made the team! But watching her was torture for me. It's hard to watch your child gasping for air in the water and to not do anything about it. She looked exhausted but she did the whole practice without out a complaint other then she was starving!!!!!! So I stopped by Jack in the Box on the way home to get her and her friend a cheeseburger so they were not famished before we got home. Note to self: Bring dinner for her to eat when she gets in the car or this could be a more expensive sport then we thought!
Anyway, enjoy the pics...
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
We went camping this past weekend at Lake Hemet which is in Iddywild. It's beautiful and we camp right on the lake. It was a little interesting to say the least. We went up on Thursday night to get a good spot on the water and on the way my husbands truck overheated. I swear that was the end for that old thing but it finally cooled down and pulled thru. At 320,000 miles it's a champ. I told my husband he can't have another one until this one dies but I did not mean this weekend!!!! Anyway, so then on Friday I had to drive my kids back to Menifee to do try outs for the talent show ( that's cute but funny!), and then on Friday night I got really sick and we think it was altitude sickness. But that's wierd. Anyway when I finally felt better I got some great pics of the girls and thier soon to be cousins ( well sorta, my friend Amy and I set up her bro and my sister in law and they are getting married in Sept. So in a round about way we are all going to be family). Ok so now for my top 10 reasons why I love camping...
10. I love that my husband and I don't argue anymore about my directional hand movements when he is backing up the trailer
9. I love that I don't have to sleep in a tent and freeze to death
8. I love watching my husband bond with the guys and play games all day long like horse shoes and so on
7. I love that I get to read like 3 or 4 trashy magazines the whole weekend and not have to get up and do laundry
6. I love that my kids play so hard that they go to sleep with no problems
5. I love that we got the baby to sleep on a bed this weekend and we can now get rid of the pack and play
4. I love watching my kids play with thier friends and cousins
3. I love the serinity I feel knowing my family is with me and everyone is so happy
2. I love watching my kids make up imagination games and play for hours and hours outside and never get bored
1. I love camp fire pudgie pies (Reeses's peanut butter cups and marshmellow in a buttered bread sandwich and heated up over the campfire until it melts.OMG!!!!!!!!!!)
So, that's my life this past weekend and I loved every minute of it, well almost!!:) Have a great day and enjoy my slideshow of our weekend.
We will be cutting and stamping and glittering it all up using a new line from Daist Bucket called "Blooming Paisleys". Can't wait to see you there. Hurry and call, my classes usually sell out. (951) 304-3422
Please bring to class with you: scissors, pop dots, stickles, white pen, adhesive, glue dots or glue and your sticker maker.